The dream of oil baron E.W. Marland was to live in a palace. This
magnificent mansion reflects the elegance of the affluent days
of the oilman, who lived lavishly and entertained in the same
Master architect John Duncan Forsyth, along with artists, decorators,
and sculptors of international reputation combined their talents
to create this "Palace on the Prairie."
This National Historic Landmark took three years to construct,
1925 to 1928. The mansion is 78 feet wide and 184 feet long, and
contains 43,561 square feet distributed over four levels. There
are 55 rooms, including 10 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, 7 fireplaces,
and 3 kitchens. It takes 861 light bulbs to light the mansion.